*Trend: Pencil Dresses

Pencil dresses are classic 1950 and gives you an instant retro effect. This trend suits every occasion, especially career and cocktail events. skirt flatters so many different body types. But in order for this sexy skirt to reach its full slimming potential, you have to wear it right. First, find the right length and when you are a curvy lady, accentuate your midsection with a belt. With this in mind It will give any body type that hourglass shape. But don't forget to finish this look with heels and a blazer. This fashion trend is so timeless, so go pick up one for yourself before the holidays and wear it as much as possible!

*Tell me what you think about the 'pencil dress' trend and this dresses:*

Stella McCartney Iridescent bustier dress

Stella McCartney iridescent bustier dress

Narciso Rodriguez Cutout pencil dress

Narciso Rodriguez Cutout pencil dress

Diane von Furstenberg Star Dust pencil dress

Diane Von Furstenberg star dust pencil dress

Narciso Rodriguez Striped silk pencil dress

Narciso Rodriguez striped silk pencil dress

Alice + Olivia Cara silk-blend cutout dress

Alice+Olivia cara silk blend dress

Alice + Olivia Lace jersey dress

Alice+Olivia Lace jersey dress

Narciso Rodriguez Silk and linen dress

Narciso Rodriguez Silk and linen dress

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/

http://www.stylenews.com/


14 opmerkingen:

  1. Laura, They are all fabulous! I have been a bit shy with this trend but finally (thanks to you) I will give it a try. I love they dresses they are very ladylike and sexy. Even the conservative ones are sexy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My absolute favorite type of dress to wear! They're so flattering and are perfect for making me seem taller! =]

    Bisous,
    La C.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Fab choices! I adore the peplum on that first dress, and the Narciso Rodriguez in the last photo is incredible!

    xoxox,
    CC

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. They are all nice!

    my blog: http://lisavdmarel.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. oh my, they're all so beautiful! it's hard to pick only one choice. nice choices :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. The bottom dress is my favourite :)
    pencil dresses are so sophisticated, but I find them difficult to wear as often they are far too long for my 5"2 frame. Shame!Thank you for your comment Laura :)
    Daisy Kate ♥
    www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Want the stardus dress from DVF!!!
    Kisses,
    Emma

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Oh I love them, those are great picks, and I also love the cut of the dress, I think pencil skirts/dresses are always flatearing any shape.

    Hope you'll have a great weekend

    xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. SPICY. I like it ;) thanks!

    Great dresses, may I please have them all?? haha.


    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Stella McCartney is my favorite, she is my favorite designer...so im kind of biast. Great picks!

    XOXOX
    Libby
    http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Thanks again for the inspiring comments!
    *Keep in touch and spread the word!* ;)
    x Laura
    http://stylecoaching.blogspot.Com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I love pencil dressses. They are so beautiful, although they are not that flattering on everyone. Check out this cute ABS one from chickdowntown.com

    http://www.chickdowntown.com/viewproduct.asp?ID=147223

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

*Tell me what you think!*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...